Boeing 787 Dream Tour | Segment Four
Boeing is preparing for the fourth segment of its round-the-world 787 Dream Tour, kicking off March 1, 2012. Stops on segment four include key cities in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
This step of the tour will be a hit as it crosses North America with eight scheduled stops, Toronto, Canada, being the first to welcome ZA003, the Dream Tour Aircraft.
Scott Fancher, vice president and general manager, 787 program, proclaimed, “During the first three segments of the tour, we’ve had almost 25,000 visitors come through the airplane…..Our customers, partners, employees and the finance and leasing communities have all expressed their delight with the airplane.”
The March schedule includes the following stops:
- March 1-4: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (YYZ) to visit Air Canada and local suppliers;
- March 4: Boston, Massachusetts, where she’ll set down at Boston Logan Airport (BOS) in support of Japan Airlines, which has announced it will offer 787 service on the Tokyo-Boston route;
- March 5-7: Newark, New Jersey, to visit United Airlines at Liberty Intl Airport (EWR) and its local stakeholders;
- March 8-9: Mexico City, Mexico (MEX), to visit Aero Mexico;
- March 10-12: Phoenix, Arizona (PHX) to visit Honeywell, other suppliers and Boeing employees;
- March 13: San Diego, California (SAN) to visit Goodrich and other suppliers;
- March 14-15: Long Beach, California (LGB) to visit leasing companies, Boeing employees and suppliers;
- March 15-17: Salt Lake City, Utah (SLC) to visit Boeing employees and suppliers.
The Dream Tour aircraft is fit with special 787 cabin features from a welcoming entryway to enormous dimmable windows, large overhead bins, and dynamic LED lighting. Dates and locations for additional tour stops will be announced approximately one month in advance.
At the end of March, The Dream Tour Plane will be featured at the FIDAE Air Show in Santiago, Chile, to begin the fifth segment of the tour.